The Optyx Broadband Policy (”Policy”) covers your usage obligations for your Broadband service (”Service”) and all equipment provided by Optyx Broadband to you in connection with the Service. It forms part of your contract with us, along with your Broadband Terms & Conditions (the ”Terms”). This policy sets out your usage obligations, what you can do to avoid breaching the Policy and what happens if your usage is deemed to breach the Policy.
- We are Optyx Broadband Ltd with registered company number 13619779. Our address is 4 More London, Riverside, London, United Kingdom, SE1 2AU.
- Any referens to ”We” in this Policy shall be a reference to Optyx Broadband Ltd. Any referens to ”You” shall mean you and anyone else that you allow to use the Service including anyone who uses the Service to your removal of, or failure to maintain, the wireless encryption security on your wireless router.
- We may update or amed this Policy at any time, so please check our website regularly at optyxbroadband.com/uk/policy for any updates to this Policy or our Terms. You continued use of the Service after any change to the Policy constitutes acceptance of the updated Policy.
2. Your use of the Service
- You must not use our Service in any way that is unlawful or illegal in respect of the laws and regulations in force from time to time in the United Kingdom (”Laws”).
- You have an obligation to use our services for private, personal and legitimate consumer purposes only. Failure to adhere to the Policy may mean a loss of, or restriction of your Service.
- As the account holder, you shall at all times remain fully responsible for any use of the Service by you or anyone else at your property (including your family and any visitors to the property).
- You must refrain from any use of the Service that could be the detriment of any other users.
- We may in certain circumstances be legally obliged to disclose information to relevent authorities, regulators, law enforcement agencies and other third parties. In any event, we reserve the right to notify these entities of any acts that may constitute unlawful conduct.
- You understand that unauthorised access to computer systems may constitute a criminal offence.
- You are solely responsible for your use of the internet and any web space that you own or control.
- You must not use the Service to access, download, send, recieve, store, distribute, transmit, upload or in any way del with material or data that:
- violates any Laws,
- is or may be offensive, threatening, defamatory, racist, abusive, horassing, invasive of privacy, obscene, harmful, indecent or menacing,
- is or may be harmful to minors,
- breaches any third party’s rights (including any third party intellectual property rights),
- damages or may damage our name and/or reputation or the name and/or reputation of our subcontractors or agents, or
- to be for criminal or fraudulent purposes or effect, including but not limiuted to impersonation another person or otherwise misrepresenting yourself as the source of any communications.
- Your must not use the internet to send information that has forged addresses or are deliberatly constructed to adversely affect remote machines or other computer systems.
- Your must ensure that you do not send or allow the sending of unsolicited bulk emails, spam emails, ”mailbombs”, mesages, or any other form of email or Usenet ”abuse”. This applies to both materials that originates on your computer systems and also third party material passing through your computer systems.
- You must ensure that your computer systems and network are not configured in such a way that others are able to exploit them in order to disrupt the internet or any other third party networks. This includes but is not limited to ensureing that your network cannot be exploited as an open mail, relay, open proxy servicer, or as a component of a wider network used in denial, or distributet denial of service attacks by third parties.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to any illegal content. However, we dont not monitor all content available thorugh the Service and, as such, we cannot guarantee that you will be unable to access illegal or offensive content on the internet. We therefore recommend that you installa appropriate security measures on your computer systems, including parental controls and up-to-date virus protection and firewalls.
- You must not resell our Services. You’re not to use, or allow anyone else to use, our Services to contact numbers that pay any type of revenue (including, but not limited to, call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services, onward calling services).
- You must not establish, install or use a gateway device (including devies tethered via cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, to a computer or the internet for the purposes of making large volumes of calls).
3. Third Party Providers and traffic monotoring
- Please note that the thirda party service providers which we use to provide the Service may carry out regular traffic monotoring activities across the network. Please be aware that they may reserve the right to throttle or limit your access to the Service in order to ensure that the network and data exchanges are protected for the rest of our customers.
4. Network security
- You must not take any action that could inhibit or violate the network security of any person or company (including Optyx Broadband) or that could adversely affect their use of the internet.
- You must not adapt, modify or reverse engineer any part of the Service or equipment.
5. Actions we may take
- We may, at our sole discression, run manual or automatic systems and monitoring in order to ensure that you remain complient with the terms of this Policy at all times (for example we may scan for open mail relays, or open proxy servers). By accessing the internet via our Service you are deemed to have granted us permission to access an monitor your computer systems and networks.
- We may block any electronic communication that we reasonably consider to have breached this Policy.
- If we become aware that you may have breached this Policy, we reserve the right to take any action we believe to be appropriate including, but not limited to:
- investigating the possible breach,
- notifying you by email,
- contacting you by email or phone to gather further information or discuss our concerns,
- issuing you with a formal waning,
- restricting your access to the Service,
- suspending your access to the Service with immediate effect, and/or
- terminating your account with us and siabling your access to the Service (with our without notice).
- We may take any of the above actions that we deem appropriate, but we will always try and work with you before taking any action that will affect your use of the Service.
6. Making a complaint
- If you would like to make complaint about someone’s use of the Service or in relation to any content accessible through the Service, please contact us via email@example.com.
- We will use your personal data and other account information in connection with any investigation carried out by Optyx Broadband in accordance with this Policy, including by disclosing it to any third party authority that we consider has a legitimate interest in any such investigation or its outcome.
- The copyright, trademarks, domain names and other intellectual property rights in any content, software or materials (”Optyx Broadband Materials”) which we provide to you belong to us or our suppliers or licensors. We agrant you a license to use the Optyx Broadband Materials in order to recieve and enjoy the benefit of the Service, but you agree not to copy, modify or publish the Optyx Broadband Materials (although you may take one copy of any software to be kept and used as a back-up) and agree not to supply the Optyx Broadband Materials to any other person.
- We are not responsible for any third party content or material which You may be able to access through the Service.
- If you have purchased the Service for your business, and have confirmed this to Optyx Broadband, your use of the Service on a commercial basis is authorised and Clause 2.4 shall not apply provided that
- Optyx Broadband may continue to enforce provisions of this Policy, and
- References to your personal information shall also include any personal information of any employees or other personnel in your business which is made available to us in relation to the Service and it is your responsibility to ensure that anyone within your business whose personal information is provided to us agrees to our use of that information in line with our Policy.